Clinical Trials as a Care Option
We’re excited to announce that we have added clinical research as an offering for our patients by partnering with Circuit Clinical.
Why take part in a clinical study?
When existing drugs don’t fully address a healthcare issue, or have undesirable effects, pharmaceutical companies invent new drugs that bring a different way of treating the disease or that may be less uncomfortable to take than the existing available medicines. Some common reasons people decide to join a study include:
- Helping others affected by your condition
- Receiving study related medical care with no insurance requirements
- Compensation for your time and travel depending on the study
To bring new treatments to patients, clinical trials test:
- How well the drug addresses the disease and its symptoms
- How safe the drug is
- How comfortable it is for patients to take for the drug to work
I was a bit apprehensive at first when contacted and asked if I would be interested in participating. However, after meeting the staff in my doctor’s office…everyone was very pleasant and explained things with such ease it made the whole process so simple and easy.”
– John, clinical trial participant
Clinical trials are also a way to help researchers learn more about specific health problems. They are the key to all new medical advances. When you choose to participate in a clinical trial, you become a partner in scientific discovery. Some studies offer compensation for your time and travel during the trial. And your personal contribution can help future generations lead healthier lives.